Tuesday, February 19, 2008

6 years ago

6 Years ago today I was in college and had known John for about 9 months. He came to my apt/dorm that evening a little frustrated and said he needed to use the phone. I was making dinner (I think) so he went down to my room to make his phone call. He was taking a while so I went to check on him. He was obviously flustered. I did notice the list of phone numbers in his hand were all my family's numbers.

After dinner we went on the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped at a pulloff. We got in our down sleeping bags and enjoyed the quiet darkness.

A little later, John got behind me and put his arms around me. He told me several things that, sadly, I don't remember, but I do remember him saying that the only thing missing was having me with him for the rest of his life. Then he asked me to marry him and gave me a ring. I turned around and hugged him.

10 months later we were married.

3 comments:

boqpod said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!

Six years! I'll bet fewer people can claim that kind of longevity. You guys make it look easy. Even fun.

(And you're getting soooo OLD!)

Anonymous said...

I know, we are just ancient. We've only been married for 5 years. We might make is LOOK easy and fun, but it sure is hard. I am sure that it will keep getting better and better though.

Arlene Buynak said...

You have a beautiful family. I wish you many, many years of good health and happiness, filled with wonderful memories of love.