Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Sunday

We just celebrated Annelise's first Easter. We woke early to attend the early service at church. Annelise enjoyed herself as she ate cheerios during the sermon. This worked wonderfully as quiet entertainment. After church we returned home where we prepared for our first annual Easter Party. It wasn't a big event, but I expect it to get better every year. This year's celebration consisted of a nice meal, dancing, homemade chex mix, and ice cream. It was a short party, but the four of us enjoyed it (yes, Jesus was there too!)
Yesterday (Monday) we went shopping for half price candy and found more than enough to satisfy us for quite a while. We took turns hiding the foil eggs for the other person to find. It was a fun evening as well. Then the most amazing thing happened. We sat down to watch a show but John got up and went upstairs. I assumed he was getting on the computer so I called for him to come back. After a few minutes he came downstairs carrying my game table and a puzzle! It was a dream come true. I ask all the time but he never wants to do a puzzle with me. This was a really happy time. Ah the simple joys in life...
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Praise the Lord for the blessings He has given us. We do not serve a dead god. Our Lord is alive and He has made a way for us to be with Him. Believe in Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really nice day. I spent a lot of time this weekend covering plants and trying to protect them from the weather. One night it got down to 25 here. Most things look okay. A couple of cannas look iffy, but I think they will recover. That is a cute picture of Annelise with my wow-wows.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful Easter! I love the picture of Annelise with all of her stuffed animals. Way too cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment Jenn. Those aren't her animals, though. They are my sister's--Tia Amy.