Friday, March 23, 2007

What a World

My grandmother sent me a message written by Chuck Colson regarding a new law in the UK. The law forbids anyone in schools to teach that a certain Christian belief is right--even private Christian schools. I am not surprised, but I am sad and even a little scared. The Bible teaches about the last days and they sound frightening to me. I replied to my grandmother that I worry about what kind of a world my children are going to grow up in. Sometimes I wonder if I should even have anymore. I don't want to live in a world where I am constantly persecuted because of a Christian and I certainly don't want my children to have to suffer through that. I know there is terrible persecution many places in the world today, and has been since the beginning. The "western world" has been somewhat of a safe place for believers so far, but that seems to be changing fast. It almost seems more humane to not bring more children into the world, but to adopt those who are already here and teach them Truth.

But children are a gift from God (biological or adopted). I know that God has blessed me by giving me a healthy and happy daughter. If He blesses me with more biological children, I will thank Him and work hard to raise them to glorify Him. My grandmother reminded me that "the rewards outweigh the trouble". That really is true. There is no comparison. The trouble that we or our children will go through because of Him is nothing compared to the reward in heaven. The trials in this life are only temporary. The rewards are eternal.

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I can TOTALLY relate to this post. Quite frankly, the end times scare me too. And I've often wondered why I brought my children into this world, with everything changing as fast as it is. But like you said, obviously there is a plan for their life, God's plan and I can rest peacefully knowing that God gave them to me to fulfill one of His purposes. Thinking of you...

Lorena said...

That is a great reminder Jenn. God has a plan for them. Thanks.