Monday, August 25, 2008

Eating Dinner

I hate meal time. I get tired of making meals and cleaning up after them, but the worst part is trying to think of and then preparing something for Annelise to eat and trying to get her to eat it. Sometimes it is a game of "how many distractions will it take to get her to eat a bite". Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

At the other end of the spectrum is Caleb. He wants to eat everything. If I am spooning food to him too slowly, he lets me know. No matter what I have given Annelise to eat, he wants it. I have been letting him have it too. He loves her PB&J sandwiches.



The other night I was feeding Annelise a pizza that I made. Pizza is usually an easy thing to feed her. She had half of a slice and was finished. It was a little strange that she didn't eat more, but I was just thankful to not have a battle. Caleb decided he was interested in her leftovers. Remember, he is not even 6 months old yet.







If anyone has any ideas of what to feed him or let him chew on, let me know. He likes chicken bones and all foods. HELP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no doubt he's your child then. He eats anything and everything there is. You could do like with dogs and feed him peanut butter to occupy him for a minute. Maybe leave the MiracleGro out this time.

Rebecca Meece said...

He is such a cutie! Does he have any teeth yet? The only thing I can think of for Annelise is this cookbook called The Sneaky Chef. There are lots of recipes for "sneaking" healthy foods in to foods they want- even cookies. Here is a website about it http://www.metacafe.com/watch/894391/sneaking_healthy_foods_into_kids_meals/
Good Luck!

Rebecca Meece said...

I like this blue background