Friday, July 6, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, Annelise. Happy birthday to you.




Yesterday was Annelise's first birthday. Because we are in the middle of preparing for and recovering from various trips, we just had a small family party. I made her a cake and bought her a toy remote control. We also bought her a pool which we have not been able to use yet.

John's parents joined us via internet for the singing and birthday cake part. I think the pictures show that Annelise really enjoyed the cake. After I took her high chair tray off, she frantically tried to get all of the crumbs that had fallen into her lap. John said she looked like a heroine addict desperate for her drugs.


We leave for my parents house tonight and will have another mini-party tomorrow. John will be in New Mexico next week helping his parents with the Arkwings trip. (http://www.arkwings.com/)



The unpacking of the house has been put on hold. I don't think I will get back to it until August. There are just too many trips scheduled right now to think about unpacking boxes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, Lorena, and Annelise, It was fun singing happy birthday and watching Annelise enjoy her cake. Thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of the celebration long distance! We look forward to being together at the beach and enjoying another little birthday party then. All of our love,
Coco and Doodad

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, baby girl. I'm enjoying visiting with you this week. You can come back and see me any time you want.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I cannot believe it's been a year already?! Where does time go? She is absolutely beautiful Lorena and John. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!