Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MichaelAnnelise

Annelise has recently surprised us with her color abilities. Maybe we are just the regular proud parents who think that everything our kids do is exceptional. What do you think? Remember, she just turned 3 at the beginning of July.

Working hard on Masterpiece #2


This is the first one she colored.


#2



#2




She did this one in Sunday School this past Sunday. #3



I don't know much about art, but this one impressed me the most.

Masterpiece #4


She also did some building. Before she did this one, she made a tall cross standing up.

And this is Caleb's contribution to art. He works very hard too.

She really did these all by herself. I didn't help at all. I didn't even encourage her. For several of them, I only saw the end product.

6 comments:

Coco and Doodad said...

I especially like the cross. Creating that took lots of planning and patience!
So proud!
Coco and Doodad

Mamita said...

She's such an artist, just like her Papa. She's obviously the most talented in the world. I am very impressed. My Baby's so smart.

Squeeky said...

Please ask miss MichaelAnnelise to interpret her rendition of "Red Jesus in the Sky" It is my favorite. I'm still trying to understand how she knew not to color the middle of the picture.

Lorena said...

I don't know how she knew not to color the middle of the page. I don't know why she chose to only use the red. She had blue and green crayons, too.

Papa was a good artist. John is pretty good too.

boqpod said...

Her stuff reminds me when my dad (a retired artist) & I would visit shopping mall art-exhibits from the local grade school kids. Dad would always talk about seeing latent talent---almost indescribable. You knew there was something different from the typical kids' artwork. That's what I see in "your favorite". Something in the crayon strokes (don't take this the wrong way...since VanGogh was disturbed...) the way you can see in VanGogh's palette knife strokes a pattern of some sort independent of the color-yet utilizing the color. Very interesting.

I know in Abigail's coloring I think she's typical in that she presses the crayon to get the deep, rich color onto the paper. But Annelise seems to be laying down her strokes uniformly, intentionally to organize the color as well as for continuity.

I best stop. I'm beginning to sound like one of those gushing art magazine writers from Santa Fe or New York :)

Please post more of her stuff!

Lorena said...

Thanks Bob. You sure know how to give a compliment. I'll post more stuff as it comes.