Friday, January 4, 2008

Not Enough

At the end of our Christmas vacation, John and I were very happy to have dinner with our friends Bob, Judi and Abigail Podgurski in Albuquerque, NM the night before we flew home. We met the Pod's while living in Colorado and love every minute we get to spend with them. Although our dinner was short and weepy (with a very tired and sick Annelise), it was nice to see them again. Bob did inform me that I do not blog enough. I don't have as much time now that Annelise doesn't sleep as often, and when she does I usually want to lie down too. But, it is true. I don't blog enough. Well, Bob, this one's for you.


Caleb is due in 2 months and I feel like it is coming very quickly. We are going to try to put him and Annelise in the same room once he starts sleeping through the night (which I hope will be very soon). John doesn't really like this plan, but it is so nice for me to have this extra room for the computer and for company. I use it a lot and don't want to give it up since the kids won't know the difference anyway. If sharing a room doesn't work out, I will give in and let each one have his own room. I am really hoping it works though. After all, years ago, that is what everyone did. Kids shared a room. Why can't it work today?

John's brother and his wife are expecting their first child any day now. It is a girl and we are so excited for them. They are in Bolivia right now but will move back to the states at the end of May. It will be so nice for Annelise (and Caleb) to have a cousin!



I think Caleb is a little uncomfortable. He squirms all the time and kicks me a lot. Maybe he will come a little early.
Photos:
1-Annelise after church with a fun pine cone.
2-John made a big pile of leaves that Annelise enjoyed playing in with Terra.
3-At the NC zoo with my parents a few days before Thanksgiving. I sure do look small in that photo. I don't feel that small anymore.

5 comments:

boqpod said...

Yahoooo! She doth bloggeth!

Had I known you were due in 2 months I would've kept my yap shut. As Judi remarked, "She looks GREAT!"

I'm sorry I was so pushy about your blogsloth. I insisted because people said I have blogsloth & I thought I'd pass it along :)

Seriously, I hope you know insisted only because I want to hear more. We love you guys! We miss you guys! A 2-hr dinner's not enough! You should sign up John, too! I know he can type.

I'm a wuss when it comes to watching Abigail on weekends--I want to nap when she does, too.

So I understand & hope you, your family & other friends will forgive me for being the blogsloth-nazi (but will be tacitly supportive since we readers get more blog-a-bilia & photos).

Now...about John...:)

Anonymous said...

No hard feelings. You are right, I don't blog enough. I don't think I will ever be as consistent as you, but I will try to do more. A 2- hour dinner is not enough. I hope our next meeting will be longer and with happy children. (We did have to get Annelise some anitbiotics. She is starting to feel better.)

boqpod said...

You're just too nice. C'mon! Let me have it! What are you REALLY thinking!? :)

Home from road-trip, 6 months along, sick toddler, doctor visit, doctor bill, cost of anti-biotic, blogsloth-nazi naggin' you, blah-blah-blah...

I'm home here sick & can afford the time to nag :)

See? Now you should blog about what happened to Annelise because I'm hoping she didn't catch anything from us...

Did I mention that I think John should post something?

Anonymous said...

She didn't catch anything from y'all. She started getting sick before we left the cabin. She had a bad cough and a runny nose (and a bad attitude).

I will tell John that he should post something. He seems to like Facebook more than this though.

I hope you and Judi feel better soon.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Its wonderful to hear from you guys! Have to admit, I've been waiting for an update. =)

Lorena, you look amazing! Of course! And I can't believe how big Annelise is! Wow!

Looking forward to "meeting" your little guy in the next couple of months.